3 Facts about Feline Acne
1) The lesions are usually comedones (similar to blackheads) on the cat’s chin
2) Feline acne has a good prognosis but they may need long-term treatment
3) The cause is unknown but could be due to grooming, stress, excessive production of sebum, material of food/water bowls, among other causes.
1) Veterinary Partner. Veterinarypartner.com
2) Tilley, L. P., & Smith, F. W. (2005). The 5-minute veterinary consult: Canine and feline. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
3) Yin, S. A. (2010). The small animal veterinary nerdbook. Davis, CA: CattleDog Pub.